Let me help you every step of the way. When purchasing a home, you are faced with a multitude of decisions! The primary one is whether you are actually prepared to purchase a home. Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage loan can be a complex and tiring process. Although, once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with the required effort towards your home-purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
While at your side each step of the way, I will make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time-consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriad of details attending the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
7 Steps to Purchasing
- Meet to discuss your wish list, your preferred neighbourhoods and the current market values in each.
- Get pre-approved for a rate guarantee. Determine what price range suits your current financial status.
- Start the search by selecting the properties that fit you financially and satisfies your wish list.
- When you have found a property, we will prepare an offer and I will negotiate on your behalf.
- Once we have an accepted offer you will have the opportunity to conduct home inspections and/or appraisals.
- When you are satisfied with the documents and inspection/appraisal you will remove the subjects.
- Meet with lawyers to prepare for closing and get ready for your move in date.
- Down Payment (minimum of 5% for high ratio)
- 1% - 3% of mortgage amount required for high ratio mortgages
- Home Inspections can range between $500 - $1500 depending on the size of the property
- Legal Fees typically costs between $900 - $1200 and includes the usual disbursements
- Adjustments on closing will include pre-paid taxes, maintenance fees (multi-family properties)
- Move in fees vary for multi-family
- Property Transfer Tax at a rate of 1% on the first $200,000 and 2% on remainder. You may qualify for a first time buyers’ exemption. Full exemption for properties with a purchase price of $425,00 and proportionate exemption for properties between $425,000 and $450,000
- GST 5% and transitional tax 2% (from April 2013 to April 2015) on all new homes
- Moving costs will vary depending on the distance and extent of the move